Thursday 10 July 2008

Atishu - Apprentice Advert Task


Thought I would start off with this shocker from this years season of the apprentice. It's so bad I don't know where to begin.

Firstly the acting:
Corny acting aside, The Dad Is obsessed with the fact that the tissues are anti-bacterial. This should make him come across as some weirdo with a germ free OCD but then he fools us all by grabbing the kids snotty nose without even holding a flipping tissue.
Adding even more insult to injury is the fact that his statement is actually creating false advertising. Colds are viral infections and are not bacterial. Saying the girl will be fine by using anti-bacterial tissues is definitely false, as anti-bacterial products would have no effect on a virus.

Packaging:
The box looks like some knock off Wheatabix packaging that you would find next to the 'smart price' 'bettabuy' 'supasava' brands. Would you trust it as a product? not at all. Maybe a strapline of 'The tissue made with real anti-bacterial wheat' should be added to the box. Awful Photoshop work, some images in colour, some colourised, a lovely image of a girl expelling mucus from her nostrils. I can think of somewhere more appropriate than my nose to wipe with it.

Music:
"You are the sunshine of my life". If a tissue was the sunshine of my life, would that make 'Andrex' the eclipse? Poor choice, poor fade in, poor in general.


Barry Scott would be proud.

1 comment:

Beccie Deighton said...

Well I'm glad to have found somebody that agrees with me! I saw this episode of 'The Apprentice' and thought the cheesy acting and anti-bacterial OCD was hilarious. As for the box... it's not exactly something you want to see when you're curled up in bed feeling like death.
I much preferred the rival brand of tissue; an altogether more calm and contemporary box, complete with a touching story behind the advert (although I didn't quite understand the relevance of Sian Lloyd!).
But wasn't this the winner in the end?? I think it must've been the pack shot that bagged it!