Sunday 10 August 2008

Crest Toothpaste - Saatchi & Saatchi



Saatchi & Saatchi made this commercial for Crest toothpaste with the selling line: You can say anything with a smile.

From beginning to end, the spot is inventive and funny, and packed with subtle, hilarious touches. I like the use of odd-looking actors with real, uncosmetically enhanced teeth, for a start. In this ad the ending would be funny enough, but we get an additional detail: As she signs, the lawyer points below the line and says very gently, "and there." It's a powerhouse of economical comic dialogue and timing.

Even on the old paste-promoting medium of TV this is indeed a great example of "advanced creativity and innovation." It's enough to bring a smile to your face.

2 comments:

Joseph Keirs said...

I need some crest

em.design said...

I don't think I need any crest but I think this ad is hilarious. fantastic work by Saatchi & Saatchi - as always!

How did you come across this ad?