Saturday 27 September 2008

Alex Jansson - Illustrator



http://www.alexanderjansson.com/

At the beginning of Alex Jansson's career there was a program called Picture Publisher. It was free, easy, but very limited. "Photoshop scared me," admits Jansson, a freelance illustrator working in Gothenburg, Sweden.
"For five years I went to art school and then tried my luck as a traditional oil painting artist. Meanwhile, I got more and more interested in experimenting with the computer and I slowly started to develop my style."
Jansson's success is an inspiration for all. After starting to show his digital work at art communities online, he received an overwhelming response. Soon he had his own website up and running, and around that time the commissions started to trickle in. He's now a lot less daunted by the ins and outs of Photoshop. "In my opinion you don't need to know a lot of technical stuff to master Photoshop," says Jansson. "The most importantthing is that you have a clear vision of what you want. I use Photoshop the way I paint, with intuition and a loose', straightforward kind of attitude."
Jansson is currently working on a film called TheCuriousKind, exam project for his Bachelor's degree, which takes up most of his precious time. "I'm also putting the final touches to my children's book called Boats/nan And The Stranger. Then there is this ever-ongoing process of creating the world that most of my illustrations are part of," says Jansson. "It's been a part of my life for the last 15 years and a book is slowly taking shape."

No comments: