Monday 29 September 2008

Skrilla



Walsall based Skrilla designs album covers. They look to be in a similar style to that of the photography of Dave Hill. "My life-long love of music crossed over into design when I began working as a full-time freelance designer in 2006. I always enjoyed actually buying music and owning the full product with the artwork and booklet, rather than just listening to the music, and that's how I really started to think about getting into the music industry and designing myself," he says. "I got my first real break in 2006 when I hooked up with Midlands-based record label Wolftown Recordings, and from there it was all go, using the internet as a networking tool to reach clients based anywhere from the UK to the United States, and as far as Japan."
Skrilla says the freelance life is the way for him: "I feel really optimistic about working freelance right now, as it allows me to be creative in the field of design I love."

No comments: